Monday 3 March 2008

Mothers Day

Well I hope all you lovely mums out there had a great day yesterday. Mothers Day for me is a mixed bag of emotions. My mum passed away 12 years ago on the 5th March, which happens to be my eldest sons birthday. We scattered my mothers ashes on the beautiful Gower coast, West Wales in a little seaside village, Port Eynon, which is about an hours drive away. Every mothers day we pay a visit and throw flowers into the ocean. We usually have Sunday lunch in the Smugglers Haunt Restaurant, but unfortunately this year the Restaurant had closed down and turned into a coffee bar. We played football on the beach, collected seashells, which is also traditional, as I have a vase with Port Eynon seashells in from each year we visit there. I had a beautiful day, even more so that our sons came with us. Usually they don't want to 'hang out' with us being at their age 13 and 15 (almost 16), took some lovely photos which I will put on my sidebar at a later date. Thanks for reading this. xx vicki xx

3 comments:

Michelle Short said...

So glad that you had a lovely day even with mixed emotions. It sounds like you had a really beautiful day. Mt brother and I took my mum out for dinner which hopefully she enjoyed :0)

Natalie said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day Vicki. It is so nice to have family traditions. x

Suzanne said...

What a lovely day!! nice to know your boys still want to keep up the traditions!! Sue :o)