Tuesday 28 October 2008

Sue's Think Pink breast cancer awareness challenge

Sue has a wonderful challenge on her blog which is to raise awareness of Breast Cancer, well done Sue, this is such a worthwhile cause. Please pop over and have a look for yourselves at the delicious candy she has up for grabs.All she asks is......." Here is what I would like you to do.. if you have time can you make a pink card and send it to someone who could do with a little tender loving care."


Fortunately I don't have any family members suffering from this cruel disease, but that's not to say that I haven't lost a few relatives in recent years due to cancer.
I have decided to give this card to my cousin and his wife. They have three amazing children, two of which have Cystic Fibrosis. They do so much to raise money for CF and have been through quite an ordeal as a young family, I personally don't know how they've coped, but they have and do, tremendously well.
xx vicki xx

7 comments:

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, and lovely sentiment for your family
Hugs
Pauline x

gillyflower said...

well this is very close to my heart as my mom is living with breast cancer
so i certainly have someone to make a pink card for
this time last year ian was planning the fund raising event where he and his mates dressed up as girls and did karaoke they raised over £400 for breast cancer care
gorgeous card so delicately pretty love it
will have to get mine made and give it to mom just to brighten her day
gill

Victoria said...

This is so sweet Vicki. I'm sure the recipients will love it!
Hugs, Vicky x

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Vicki. x

Michelle Short said...

This is a beautiful card Vicki and I am sure your cousin and his wife will very much appreciate it xx

Suzanne said...

I am so sorry Vicki I thought I left a message yesterday blasted internet! It is beautiful and I am sure your cousin and his wife will be thrilled. Thank you for taking the time to make a card and good luck. Sue :o)

kerry said...

A gorgeous card Vicki & most worthy recipients!
Kerry xxx