Monday 4 May 2009

Wedding Cards

Stephen's cousin is getting married this coming weekend and his mum asked if I could make a wedding card from them, I get kinda a nervous making a card for my mil, she can be quite a difficult customer, also we tend to argue as I don't like to take any money from her and she doesn't like me to make her cards without paying me.....so she doesn't ask me very often purely for that reason......lol!!!!The above card is from myself and the rest of "The Cody Crew" i.e. hubby and our children. I love these papers from SU but can you believe they are being discontinued, how very dare they....gggrrrrrr.... so I've made sure to stock up...lol!!!
This is the card I made for the in-laws to giving the happy couple. I've stuck with the same papers becuase I liked the colours. The theme of the wedding is based around the beach. They live in West Wales, a beautiful part of the country btw. I didn't have anything in my stash to do with the beach so I just went with the colours of the sand and sea. I have to say a massive thanks to Kerry for the info she passed onto me regarding the font, thanks luvly xxx


My mil seemed quited pleased with the card when I handed it over to her, with trembling hands I have to add. Her comments were " ooooo that's nice " which made me laugh, then we had a little debate regarding money...... lol!!!!
I hope you've all had an enjoyable bank holiday. My in-laws took Georgia & Yasmin out for the day, which gave me ample opportunity to catch up with some orders that I've had, plus I've had to make some sample cards for the kids at school. We are having another card making session in the lunch hour tomorrow and I've promised to take in some of my crafting gear and help them make Fathers Day cards, should be fun...mmmmm... I hope.....lol!!
ttfn xx vicki xx

21 comments:

Jilli said...

Two gorgeous cards honey! Love those papers and the embossed images, looks very classy! mwah's Jillix

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning realy gorgeous ,hugs Dawnxxx

Jill said...

wow Vicki the card and box are absolutely gorgeous I love all the care and detail you add, it will be much loved and treasured by the happy couple hugs Jill xx

tracy said...

I love your card and box Vicki its stunning!
doesn't that seem to be the case you find a certain paper you love then they decide to stop doing it lol!
have a good evening
Tracy x

amanda stokes said...

Gorgeous card love the colour combo
hugs amanda x

Joey said...

Hiya Vicki, gorgeous cards, They are so elegant, love the beachy theme. Joey.x

Diana said...

WowWOW... super duper awesome job!

Lilacanglia said...

They are stunning,
The bride and groom will love them,
dont worry about MIL (lol)
Hugs
Angie

cardsandacuppa said...

WOW! another stunning card, I love the colours, I'm sure the happy couple will be, well, happy! lol! have fun with the kids x
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Gina said...

Wowee Vicki, they are stunning, I love the papers you have used and the colour is great :)
Gina xxx

Nancy said...

I can not say anything but WOW, Vicki:O)
You have done a great job!! Everything is stunning:O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Ali Dantre said...

Gorgeous colours and layout Vicki. Not OTT but just so chic and stunning!

You clever girlie :o)
Hugs
Lisa.xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Vicki, they are all goregous. Love Sue x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Stunning Vickie. Dianne xx

Natalie said...

Vicki this is a beautiful card. x

nessy said...

simply gorgeous and very elegant ~how clever are you??
vanessa xx

Julie said...

Another work of art Vicki so very delicate and elegant.

Jeannette said...

Vicki, these are just gorgeous!!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful cards, I'd love to know what the font is that you have used, its beautiful. Hugs Julie x

kc_froglady said...

WOW such lovely and elegant cards!

Michelle Short said...

Beautiful card and box Vicki, I bet the happy couple loved them :0) xx