Friday 31 July 2009

Stampin for the Weekend - Week 9

Hello everyone, it's week 9 of our challenges over at Stampin for the Weekend and this weeks sponsor, Susie of Die Cut Dreams, Susie offering a lovely prize worth 20.00 of die cuts. Our theme this week is ALTERATIONS



This week's SFTW challenge is to take an item that you either have in your home or have bought to "alter in some form" by decorating it, ie a tin, jar, book, binder, box, clipboard, etc.

So here is a piccie of the washing up powder box and empty Yankie Candle Jar Before..


This is what they turned out like. I am now using the box for all the stamped images my lovely blogging buddies have sent me. The lil jar houses lots of flowers.



Here's some more boxes that I have covered. I bought a few rolls of wrapping paper a while back, which came in very handy.




My lovely teamies have come up with some very imaginative creations, so why not check out their blogs to see for yourself. Many thanks to Suzie for being our Guest Design Team member for these past two weeks, it has been a pleasure having her aboard, her creations are so wonderful, so thank you Suzie.

I think this is weeks SFTW theme going to be such a fun challenge, I can't wait to see what all you clever crafters will come up with.

I also want to say a humungous thank you to my amazing teamie Kimmi, who came to my rescue last night. My computer has crashed and I've lost everything...yep...photos, scrapbook downloads, digi downloads, the lot. So I was in a right pickle trying to schedule this post, cos I didn't have any photos, but the lovely Kimmi sent me these in an e-mail so I was able to pop some piccies on to show that I have done this weeks challenge.....lol!! Thank you so very much Kimmi, your a lil gem...mwah....

***UPDATED *** My clever hubby came home from London yesterday evening and has managed to restore my computer to how it was, phew what a relief. I was in such a state of panic when my computer initially crashed, so well done Steve....you come in handy now and again......lol!!!

have a lovely weekend all, ttfn xx vicki xx

9 comments:

tracy said...

what a beautiful set I love it so simple and yet so effective pretty paper too.
tracy

crafty amy said...

Hiya Vicki,
I am so glad Kimmi could help you out with this post your altered box and jar are just adorable and have completely inspired me to play much more. I am so lucky to be working with you your creations are alway so incredible I am sorry I do not comment here more I will try and do much better at that.

Hugs

Amy xx

Nancy said...

Morning Vicki:O) Your box and jar is amazing! And I am so glad Kimmi helped you out last night;O) She is a sweetheart. Love your DP's, wonderful colours. The butterfly is so cute!
Hope your Hubby sorts out the computer problem to night:O)
Have a wonderful weekend, hun.
Hugs, Nancy.

Kimmi said...

Hi Vicki
I love your idea for your storage of your images. I love the yankee candle alteration too! Amazing what us crafters can recycle when we put our minds to it. Beautiful colours and super design.

Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs

Kimmi x

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki! I love your alterred box and jar, a fabulous project. Great papers and I love the butterfly. I'm glad you were able to upload your photos, thanks to Kimmi! She rocks!:)
Hugs, Vanja

Donna said...

Now isnt't that creative Vicki, using the old soap box and a jar and decorating them to fit in with your craft room, love the papers you've used, and all the
dividers inside the box is great Sometimes these boxes really come in handy for storage. Love it.
hugs
Donna xx

Suzie said...

Oooh I am loving this, everything is soooo pretty, your craft room must look so nice with it all on the shelves. Suzie xxx

Stacey said...

These are gorgeous Vicki! I really love your little boxes, they look brilliant in your craft space. Glad you got your PC healed :o) ~x~

Crafting Queen said...

These are fantastic, great idea and well executed. Thanks for the lovely comment on mine. Anesha