Friday 10 July 2009

SFTW - Challenge #6 "Strawberries dipped in chocolate"

Hiya folks, hope your all keeping well. The weekend is almost here, again, and just one more week left and all the kids are off for 6 weeks, oh I can hardly contain my excitement.....not....lol!!!

So it's Friday and that means another new challenge over at SFTW, but firstly what a wonderful response we had to our "Double or Nothing" challenge, thank you for all those beautiful entries.
Our sponsor for this weeks challenge is Simon Says Stamp who are donating $25, one lucky winner is going to be very happy, me thinks.

We have a rather yummy title for this weeks challenge..."Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate"..mmm delish. In other words we have a colour combination for you to use Red and Brown on your creations. Below is a picture which my lovely fellow DT member Nicola has kindly said we could use for inspiration, thanks Nicola.
Here is what I came up with. I received this Sugar Nellie stamp a few weeks ago, I spent ages debating if I liked this range by Leanne Ellis or not, this one is my favourite. I've been having a lil play, firstly I coloured the image with distress inks, then spritzed the image all over with Glimmer Mist (irridescent gold), once dried, I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder and was quite pleased with the effect. The papers are MME "magnolia", sentiment is SU, Prima flowers, brads, spacers, pins and tulle from my stash.
I used the same technique for this card regarding the image. Papers again MME "Magnolia" no matter how many photos I have taken of this card, the papers look pink but in real life they are true red, so I do apologise for the photo. SU sentiment. The flowers have been given the Glimmer Mist (irridescent gold) treatment too. The lace, from my local haberdashery store has been attached with staplers.

Some beautie cards my fellow DT members at SFTW have produced again this week, why not check them out. Hopefully you too will be able to join in with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, you could win the fab prize of $25, donated by Simon Says Stamp, well you never know.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend, whatever you have planned.
luv'n' hugs and many thanks for visiting my lil oasis and for all the treasured comments you kindly take the time to leave....mwah

xx vicki xx

18 comments:

Nancy said...

Morning Vicki:O) Gorgeous card, I love the colours. The image from Sugar Nellie is amazing! You have coloured it beautiful.
I look forward working with you;O) Jippi!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Nancy.

Nicola said...

Morning Vicki,
Ooh your cards are gorgeous, love the image and your fab colouring. I have never tried distress inks before but am tempted to get a few and have a play. Your dp´s are so pretty and your flowers look fab misted. Enjoy your weekend sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola --

Kimmi said...

Hiya Vicki and Good Morrow to you too!

This card is wonderful, well I should say cards. The image is very sweet and you've done a grand job on both of them. I love the glimmer mist effect. Must put some down on my ever growing list! Beautiful lace and flowers! And those papers are delish!

Hugs

Kimmi x

crafty amy said...

Morning Vicki,
Both these cards are so gorgeous. I love the layout and that image is stunning! Have a great week end.
Hugs

Amy XX

Riet said...

Wowww Vicki,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

nessy said...

gorgeous ~love those scrummy colours ~ both very glam!!(just like you)
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki! Your both cards are stunning! I just love this SN image and you coloured her beautifully. The papers are fabulous, I love the flowers and the lace on the second card.
Hugs, Vanja

Tab said...

Oooh your card is gorgeous, I love the colours and the image is very tres chic, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Natalie said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki. x

Emma said...

Hi Vicki,

This image is gorgeous and your colouring is amazing.

Thanks so much for stopping by my place and leaving such a lovely comment. Hope you can pop by ;D

clare said...

hi vicki hun
i so cant wait for the 6 weeks off...lol
gorgeous card hun..love the image and those papers are just so yummy..TFS hugs clare xx

Pop's Cards said...

I cant pick one, i love them both, such a gorgeous image and these are looking fab in this colour combo :)

Hugs Pops x

Jen said...

Hi Vicki,
Gorgeous cards and I just love that image, just might have to buy some of those soon!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Jen x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Vicki, Sue x

Tessi`s Kramecke said...

In both variations, the map looks great.

Hugs Gitte

Donna said...

love the two cards you've made Vicki, the images are great on both, and love the layouts, and those flowers are so pretty and I love the two pins you've stuck in the top one. Isn't that so annoying when the camera refuses to show the true colors you've used........but I believe you that it's red...lol
hugs
Donna xx

shulsart said...

What a cool image, love how you have colored her. Your flowers are beautiful, wonderful card.

Gina said...

Stunning cards Vicki, I just love the colours you have used, so rich and warm
Hope you are well, sorry I have not visited lately but I am going to do better :)
Hugs Gina xxx