Friday 30 October 2009

Stampin for the Weekend - Back to the 80's challenge

Hiya peeps and very happy Stampin Friday to you all.  This weeks Stampin For The Weekends challenge is a two fold challenge entitled Back to the 80's with a difference.  We have a combination of any of the three song titles and a color combo.......we wanna see what you can come up with for this one. You only need to use the title for this challenge, not the song lyrics........and the three songs for this challenge are

1. Girls on Film - Duran Duran
2. Dirty Laundry - Don Henley
3. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
and the color combo is Orange Blue and Purple



Our sponsors for this week is Peachy Keen Stamps and Kathy is very kindly giving a $25 shopping voucher to the lucky winner.


For my card I've gone with the song choice "Dirty Laundry", now to be honest I've never heard of that song but thought this gorgeous lil image from The Greeting Farm, which so happens to be called "Laundry" fitted the bill perfectly.  The wonderfully lovely Tracy over at Dies To Die For has a fantastic range of The Greeting Farm stamps available, (humungous thank yous Tracy for this one....mwah).  She has been coloured with Copics, the papers are a freebie download from Shabby Princess.   I was quick off the mark when it was QVC Craft Day and managed to get me mitts on the Martha Stewart Loop punches before they sold out.......yippeeeeee!!! Tulle from my local Haberdashery store. Prima flowers from Dies To Die For.


We have three lovely guest design team members this week, Gry Heidi, Lil Sis and Aunty Sue have created some beautiful cards for this weeks SFTW challenge, as have the rest of my wonderful team buddies, please pop over to their blogs to check them out.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, look forward to you taking part in this weeks SFTW challenge,
take care, luv 'n' hugs xx vicki xx

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Morning Vicki:O) Love your faulous card. The image is too cute, and your colouring is wonderful. The papers are stunning, thanks for the link:O)
Have a brilliant weekend.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

crafty amy said...

Hiya Vicki :D
This so such a sweet card I must have ago at this shaped card it looks so good!
I am so excited about the NEC it would be brilliant to meet up I am not sure what time I'll be getting there yet but I hope to get there quite early. My Mum will be coming too and we are driving there.

Hugs

Amy xx

kc_froglady said...

You really did a great job with this one - Love the paper and the colors are fantastic together!

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card Vicki. Love the papers, the ribbon punch is fabulous. The little image is so cute! LOvely colouring!

Hugs

Kimmi xx

Natalie said...

Oh Vicki this is gorgeous. x

Penni said...

Hi Vicki

Love your card - Ths fold is fabulous,I must give it a try sometime.

I have to say I'm a bit jealous of your MS Loopy Punch - I want one!!!! Maybe I'll see one at the NEC next week.

Super papers too I'll have to pop over the this site and have a nosey!!

Have a great weekend sweetie.

Hugs
Penni
XX

Vanja said...

Hi Vicki! This is an absolute stunner! The image is adorable and fabulously coloured. I love the paper you have used.
Hugs, Vanja

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is so beautiful. I so love it. The image is supercute and the papers are really fab. Fantatsic work on this one.
Hugs Gunn :-D