Tuesday 16 September 2008

male 50 th birthday cards....






Well I don't usually mind making male birthday cards, but this really got me stumped. I had a telephone call on the weekend from a lovely lady who always asks me to make cards for her. This time she wanted a couple for her son, who's going to be 50. She gave me no brief, just said 'oh it's ok, you do whatever comes to mind'...ggrrrrrr, eeeek, helppppp,...pmsl.




So this is what came to mind. The Magnolia images was kindly given to me by Kerry, many thanks again Kerry. The tie image is from a set of wooden stamps from QVC which I've stamped twice and decoupaged to give it the 3d effect, both sentiments were printed on my pc, other bits 'n' bobs from my stash.
xx vicki xx

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Vicki, these are great, men's cards are so much harder. x

Maria's Cards said...

Great men's cards Vicki, I'm sure they the lady will be really pleased with them ( and her son too).x

Caroline said...

Love these cards Vicki she will be over the moon with them!

Pauline C said...

These are great Vicki - I'm sure she (and he) will love them!
pauline x

kerry said...

Fab cards Vicki! You've done a great job on 'what comes to mind!' well done you!!!
Kerry xxx

Victoria said...

Two fab male cards Vicki. I'm sure your customer will be very pleased! Love the happy birthday ef, I have this one as well and use it lots!
Vicky x

Jilli said...

Gorgeous male cards, I always struggle with them myself. But yours are fab! Jillix

pickle said...

Hi Vicki,
Fab cards, love what you have done with the little ties, looks really effective!
I'm sure the lady will be over the moon with them I know I would.
kerry x

NGCARDS said...

I lvoe these cards, they are fabulous!
xxx

Shelly said...

Great cards! I'm sure the lady and her son will be chuffed to bits with these cards!

Cass said...

Fantastic cards Vicki.I hate making male cards.You've done a fabby job of them.

Cass xxx

Tara said...

These are both so great Vicki, you've managed to come up with something a bit different! xx

Michelle Short said...

Great cards Vicki, I struggle with mens cards but yours are great. I love the embossing and colours on bith, great layouts too. Love that tie stamp xx