Friday 30 January 2009

for the boys

Now it's time for some boys cards. Just been having a lil with some of my new Copics, Basic Grey "periphery" papers and SU punch.






I had a new toy delivered yesterday. A new sewing machine...woooo hooooo!! Yippee!!, there is only one problem, I can't sew for toffee...and it's a computerised one......heaven help me, pmsl. I've spent a few hours this morning watching the DVD and trying to understand the instructions, I have now managed to thread the cotton and sew a couple of decorative stitches on fabric and PAPER....ooo errrr get me.....I'm almost a pro now.....lol!! It's a cracking lil machine which I got from e-bay, the model is a Brother ES202o. I only ordered it the evening before last and it arrived 7.40 yesterday morning, COR!! how's that for speedy delivery. So watch this space, as my next cards could feature some machine sewing. Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely weekend, take care all xx vicki xx


13 comments:

clare said...

these cards for the boys are gorgeous hun..so hard to make for ..boys/male cards..but you've done great here.
can't wait tosee your fab creations with a bit of pro sewing on them..lol good luck
hugs clarex

Kazabing said...

Cards are fab! And good luck with your new toy. I got my Nan's machine about 15years ago & I never never even switched it on. Have fun. xx Karen.x.

nessy said...

just love your boys cards ~got me into the mood to get some more "boys" cards started!!~think i may have to look and see what edwins i have got!!
oooooooooh listen to you ~new sewing machine!!! look forward to see your cards with lots of stitching on!!
vanessa xx

Unknown said...

Love the cards and the music!

Jill said...

ohh Vicki they are stunning and your colouring is just breathtaking, I love the papers and colours you've used. I'm looking forward to seeing stitching on your next cards have fun hugs Jill x

Natalie said...

Vicki these are great boys cards. x

Caroline said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki! Where do you get your copics? I usually get mine in town but last time i went there was a poor selection. Caroline x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Terrific cards! I think the B&W one is my favourite. Kirsten.

Victoria said...

Fab male card Vicki. I always struggle with male cards but yours are great. Love your SU punch as well!
Hugs, Vicky x

gillyflower said...

what gorgeous boy cards really stylish love them all
hope you get on with your new toy i can't sew a button on so dont' come to me for advice hope to see some stitched masterpieces very soon
gill

Jilli said...

Gorgeous boy cards Vicki! Can't wait to see ur sewing machine creations! Jillix

Stacey said...

Boy cards! Wow! You need to give me tips, I'm useless at anything that isn't pink and girly! These are fab though! ~x~

Michelle Short said...

These cards are all fab Vicki, I love the images and papers, fab colouring too and the layouts are fab also. I hope you have fun with your new sewing machine xxx