Friday 12 June 2009

Stampin for the Weekend - challenge #2

OMG!!!!! what a tremendous first week we had and thank you to all who entered our first challenge over at SFTW, we also received some lovely comments and e-mails of encouragement and good wishes, which we are all so very grateful for.

So now onto this weeks challenge which is entitled

"Going Digital"

For challenge #2 we would like for you to create a card or project of your choice using a digi download image. Our sponsor for this week is the very talented Dustin Pike who has kindly donated a fabulous prize, just pop over to SFTW to find out more. You can either click on his name above or the picture below to take you to Dustin's blog
We are also very pleased to welcome Sandie, who is going to be our Guest Designer for the next two weeks, Sandie creates such beautiful cards, why not pop over to her blog and see for yourself.

So here are the cards I have made for this weeks challenge. I used the "Grads" download from Dustin Pike's blog, which just so happens to be a freebie, how kind is this guy, there are also many more freebie downloads available. As the both freebie images were downloaded together I thought I would go with that and make two cards. Both images have been coloured with Copic markers, around the images I have used Brilliance ink pads in Pearlescent Blue and Silver with a sponging technique. Both cards have HOTP papers from a kit I bought yonks ago from QVC. The sentiments are a mix of Cuddly Buddly and SU, with some gems, ribbons and punches as embellies.


Well done and congratulations to the rest of the fabby DT at SFTW for creating some delish designs this week. After such an overwhelming response to our first week, I do hope you will be able to join in with this weeks challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creations.
Have a fab weekend all.

luv 'n' hugs
xx vicki xx

18 comments:

Nancy said...

These images are sooo cute:O)
Great cards, I will have to come back to the chalenge later this weeend;O)
Have a great day.
Hugs, Nancy.

Ida / Little said...

This is just so cute, the images are fab, they really have character of a graduate :) And layouts are fab!! :)

Hugs Ida

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards, Vicki! I can't decide which one I like more. Both images are adorable, I love the layouts and fabulous papers.

Have a lovely day
Vanja

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Vicki these are both gorgeous cards, i love the extra you have added on the girl one and both fantastic layouts, hugs Pops x

crafty amy said...

I love both of these cards. You have combined the perfect papers and the layout is brilliant! I can't wait to see what entries we get this week :)

X Amy X

Gina said...

Fantastic cards Vicki, I love the images you have used :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Jen said...

Hi Vicki,
These are such useful downloads, I must make sure I get mine!
I love both your cards, your paper choice and layouts are superb.
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs
Jen x

Kimmi said...

Hi there Vicki, you've got yourself some amazing congrat cards here. Love the images and the designs you've gone with. Brilliant colours too!

Kim

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Vicki,l love the images and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

pickle said...

Well waht can I say Vicki, more fabulous creations from you. Love both of these but the male one is my fave. love the papersxx

Jill said...

wow Vicki 2 stunning cards I love the image and your layouts are fab, hope you are ok hun hugs Jill xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Vicki,
Sue x

Natalie said...

Fabulous cards Vicki. x

Donna said...

Well Vicki what can I say, you've done a smashing job on both cards....so unusual to see cards without any flowers or embellies on them, but the papers and your layouts are fabulous and nothing else is needed. Your coloring on them is outstanding......well done on both of them.
hugs
Donna xx

Nicola said...

Fabulous cards Vicki and what fantastic colouring to these gorgeous images. Loving your papers and sentiments sweetie.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Maria Matter said...

Vicki, these are fabulous!!!
I just love the Pike images...as you know...great minds and all! Just fab grad cards!
Blessings, Maria

Kim Dellow said...

Very cute grad cards. Perfect. Kim

Michelle Short said...

I love your cards Vicki, those images are fab and I love the papers and layouts you have used. Sorry I haven't been about much lately, I hope you are well xx